Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Post by ispyisail »

Hi all

I'm playing with the "Wireless Bridge/Repeater" feature

I appears that the SSID "Join" and "broadcast" must have the same encryption and password but are allowed a different SSID

Is the correct and the expected behaviour?

nicram

Re: Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Post by nicram »

Repeater can have different SSID, it's just bridge to extend signal (already anyone should disable DHCP server). WDS should use same SSID. So i think it's ok. WDS is different, because if i understand well, it usually work only with same devices (that use same drivers and same hardware). I use WDS to extend some wifi network area. Also every WDS must be directly conncted with main AP. Also the datarate is halved. In repeater mode i think it do not have to be like that, it work as standard client, with full datarate, and also got more options to work.
TL-WR1043ND HW v1.8 | FW Gargoyle 1.5.X (Built 20120504-1907 git@2bf3cf2) | 2 Mbit | PPPoE

nebbia88

Post by nebbia88 »

nicram wrote:In repeater mode i think it do not have to be like that, it work as standard client, with full datarate, and also got more options to work.
throughput is halved only from wifi clients associated to the repeater, to the main router/AP, for OBVIOUS reasons, both in WDS or Repeater mode, no difference!

Vaako

Post by Vaako »

I use a fonera as Repeater and i noticed that i can login to the fonera IP webconfig wirelessly connected to the fonera but if i try to connect to that IP address via my main router it can not.

Why can i not access it via my main network and only as a connected wireless client?
Regards,
Vaako
2x fonera 2200 & 2201 Gargoyle 1.45 | 1x WZR-HP-G300HN Gargoyle 1.45

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

Vaako wrote:I use a fonera as Repeater and i noticed that i can login to the fonera IP webconfig wirelessly connected to the fonera but if i try to connect to that IP address via my main router it can not.

Why can i not access it via my main network and only as a connected wireless client?
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =11&t=1765
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4