Please assist: Route forwarding from Wan router network

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

iannel

Please assist: Route forwarding from Wan router network

Post by iannel »

Good day

Could anyone please assist me with this problem: I have a 3G Router that is my internet connection. It also connects to a network hub where there is a printer connected. This is a printer / scanner, and when all computers were connected to the original 3G router, they could all scan from the printer to the computers.

I have a Gargoyle router set up as AP+Client. It's WAN address is 192.168.1.2. The printer's address is 192.168.1.5. On the Gargoyle LAN side, the IP address of the device I wish to scan to (Protocol FTP) is 192.16.14.19.

Essentially I wish to allow traffic from 192.168.1.5 to go to 192.16.4.19 - actually all computers on the 192.16.4.x addresses.

How do I set up this port forwarding on the Gargoyle router? Traffic from the computers connected to the Gargoyle router have internet access and can print to the printer, so the outgoing routes are fine.

Many thanks
Ian

ericwong

Re: Please assist: Route forwarding from Wan router network

Post by ericwong »

Disable the DHCP on your Gargyole router. You shouldn't be running DHCP on your Gargyole router when acting as client, this will cause you to have two subnet on your network and they can't talk to each other, i.e. exactly the problem you have.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.